Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bliss, Nirvana, Orgasm

It's been a really long time since I have written anything on my blog. The last time I wrote my life was in a load of flux, I did not know where I was going professionally, was going to enter fatherhood and was not sure what my finances would be like.

A lot has gone on since then, I have moved back to India and have a good sales and marketing job (as opposed to a pure PR job). My dreams of starting up something different and something on my own is slowly but steadily moving in the right direction. Have now kind-off finalized on the business model, met up with some prospective partners and think should be able to freeze everything within the next 6 months - 1 year.

On the home front Minal and I finally set up our little abode in Mumbai, have bought ourselves a nice small little car, nothing lavish but very homely and more importantly as per our taste.

However, the one development on the personal front that has really changed the entire equation for me and has honestly brought an immense amount of joy, pride, added sense of belonging is the coming along of our son on 28 March 08. You just have to see the look on both Minal and my faces when Evaan Aadi D'Rozario smiles or is fast asleep. We just cannot stop adoring him. He is so well behaved, so innocent that watching him is like pure unadulterated bliss, nirvana, an orgasm. I have never ever felt so at peace with myself and the world ever before.

Both Minal and me are currently enjoying our new status as parents, we are learning and unlearning a lot as each day goes by, getting newer perspectives along the way but more importantly it is with such pride that we both introduce our son. We have great hopes for him and are confident that he will definitely make his mark.

However, this brings us to an important decision that both Minal & I have taken with regards his upbringing. We are going to strive and make him as independent as possible, help him develop an intellect of his own, sans all the pre-conceived notions of society. This I guess will be our endeavour. This brings me to another very important decision that I have been battling with, i.e. of adopting a baby girl within a year to give Evaan company. The idea was born out of Minal's personal desire to share her love with one of the million orphaned children who are not so fortunate (please don't mistake this for some so called charitable cause, it is a genuine heart felt desire). Where I was always open to the idea and am in favour of the cause, I have also been thinking about the future of the child and what psychological effect that this entire exercise could have. But having thought about it for a couple of months now I feel that no matter whatever happens later on in life what could be worse than the current position of the kid as an orphan. One thing is for sure that during our lifetime we would be able to bring about a lot of happiness and joy for her. Also, her relationship with her brother will be driven by how we guide it. I think at the end of the day I am going to agree to Minal's request and adopt a baby girl. To tell you the truth both Minal and I want a daughter in the house and think this is also extremely important from Evaan's overall development point of view.

Anywayz I think I have written a bit too much now and more so I need to get going and go back home to my son. Will catch ya’ll later.

Cheers

1 comment:

What's in a name? said...

hey u know what...my husband and i have been also thinking of adopting a baby. but yeah..it takes a lot to convince family and the social circles u are in. u cannot ignore them at any given point in time. and not once the baby should feel that he/she is adopted...its tough but awesome work.